Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

anybody been to "corkers" outdoor playarea near east mids airport?

5 replies

tiredemma · 12/04/2004 18:35

DP drives past it most days on way to work, would like to take ds1 but dont know if he would be too young for it, hate the thought of him on a large climbing frame with 12/13 year olds tearing around it and me, neurotic standing at the side screaming for him to get off.
he is 4 in sept.

OP posts:
Please
or

SEXGODDESS · 12/04/2004 18:41

Do you mean Conkers by Ashby de la Zouch?

We took the children last year - its excellent for learning about nature. Great for all age groups, but there are some areas which are only for older kids (much to ds's annoyance). Lots of places to eat and loads of stuff to investigate!!! Well worth a trip - gets busy though so get there early!!!

Please
or

tiredemma · 12/04/2004 18:47

must be the same place, dp just passes everyday so ill get his eyes tested the fool.
think we will go when (if) the weather gets warmer.
thanks for replying in quick time!

OP posts:
Please
or

nancysgirl · 12/04/2004 21:44

Hi there
We live just up the road from Conkers and have an annual pass as its fab!! My DD is nearly 3 but we have been going since she was tiny.

Definitely loads to do for all ages-even if they don't understand the science there's lots of buttons to press etc in the indoor bit-noises, lights etc come on which they find v amusing.

Outdoors there is a great adventure playground as well as a ride on train from 1 site to the other, plus loads of space. Also during the holidays they have quite a few special events for kids-craft/nature stuff. It's not cheap but I think you would enjoy it.

PS Don't work there-sounds like I am touting for business!!

Please
or

grumpyzebra · 12/04/2004 21:59

Conker's is suitable for 4yo... Also you could try Snibston Discovery Park in Coalville (nr M1).

Please
or

grumpyzebra · 12/04/2004 22:00

OH, and what's that place in Matlock Bath, up on the hill with all the kiddy playground stuff? Gulliver's Kingdom? DS enjoyed that a lot before he was even 2, but it'd be even better at around age 4yo.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?