Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Pregnant and Toddler in Singapore

3 replies

eidsvold · 10/04/2004 12:08

any hints - I will be about 17 weeks pregnant and dd will be about 22months old. Any food or that I should avoid - any ideas for nappies etc for her.... any suggestions at all.

We have planned a trip to the Zoo, a day at sentosa Island, wandering around Clarke Quay, afternoon tea at Raffles, shopping at orchard Road and a possible trip to Changi - all in 5 days ?!? Mad I know.... We are staying near Clarke Quay.

OP posts:
Please
or

Tex111 · 10/04/2004 13:48

Haven't been to Singapore with a baby but did find it a very easy place to visit. There's a huge British influence so I don't think you'll have any problem finding food or nappies for DD. They're really well equipped. They even have M&S! As for your food, they do offer a lot of fish and seafood dishes but I guess just follow the current guidelines (and your own tastes - fish head curry was not for me!!). And the shopping is fantastic.

Sounds like you've got a great programme planned! We went to the zoo at night and they have a great tour aboard a tram that we really enjoyed. Have a wonderful time and have a Singapore Sling for those of us left here in the rain and cold!

Please
or

eidsvold · 14/04/2004 12:35

anyone??

OP posts:
Please
or

eidsvold · 14/04/2004 12:36

thanks for those hints Tex111 - esp re: marks and sparks.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?