My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Pregnant and Toddler in Singapore

3 replies

eidsvold · 10/04/2004 12:08

any hints - I will be about 17 weeks pregnant and dd will be about 22months old. Any food or that I should avoid - any ideas for nappies etc for her.... any suggestions at all.

We have planned a trip to the Zoo, a day at sentosa Island, wandering around Clarke Quay, afternoon tea at Raffles, shopping at orchard Road and a possible trip to Changi - all in 5 days ?!? Mad I know.... We are staying near Clarke Quay.

OP posts:
Tex111 · 10/04/2004 13:48

Haven't been to Singapore with a baby but did find it a very easy place to visit. There's a huge British influence so I don't think you'll have any problem finding food or nappies for DD. They're really well equipped. They even have M&S! As for your food, they do offer a lot of fish and seafood dishes but I guess just follow the current guidelines (and your own tastes - fish head curry was not for me!!). And the shopping is fantastic.

Sounds like you've got a great programme planned! We went to the zoo at night and they have a great tour aboard a tram that we really enjoyed. Have a wonderful time and have a Singapore Sling for those of us left here in the rain and cold!

eidsvold · 14/04/2004 12:35

anyone??

OP posts:
eidsvold · 14/04/2004 12:36

thanks for those hints Tex111 - esp re: marks and sparks.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.