Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Has anyone been to Club Med Beldi in Turkey

12 replies

Debbs · 19/03/2002 01:21

A good deal has croped up to go on a Club Med Holiday at Beldi in Turkey. Please can you tell me if anyone has been there?

OP posts:
Please
or

Rhiannon · 19/03/2002 09:32

I've never known Club Med to do a good deal b4!! They've just ripped us off by charging us £700 for a week more than drive up guests.

Sorry, no haven't been to Beldi, can offer info on Ibiza, Metaponto and Sandpiper. R

Please
or

Alibubbles · 19/03/2002 14:58

I second what Rhiannon say, Club med do a good deal???!!!!!
Hammamet, Santa Theresa . Kamarina, are our most recent ones, but we look at it for teenagers. All recommended, accomodation very basic, fodd nearly always pretty good, go for as many rridents as poss (4) is their top, it does make a difference!

Please
or

MalmoMum · 20/03/2002 14:26

No help either though did try to go their last year with my mum and ds and experienced a little bit of the Club Med inability to use it's brain when booking. We ended up in the one in Greece near Athens instead.

Beldi only opened about 3 seasons ago so it should be fresh. If they are offering a deal in the UK it's prob for that reason. I would be interested to see any feedback too.

Please
or

pluto · 20/03/2002 18:58

Rhiannon, I would be interested to hear your views on Ibiza. We've booked for the first week in June. DS will be two yrs 6 months. Is the petitclub OK?

Please
or

Rhiannon · 20/03/2002 21:05

Hi pluto, a friend of mine is going in June too and her DD will be in the Petit Club (her DD is called Zoe!)

We made the mistake of going to Ibiza 3 years in a row as things changed each year and I ended up a bit cross.

I'll start with the good bits, great kids clubs as always, right on the beach, good food, nice shallow kids pool. Short walk to supermarket to fill the fridge with drinks. Baby room on each floor, great baby restaurant for lunch and early dinners. Very quick airport transfer.

Do you want the bad bits? Will withold if you'd rather not hear. Let me know. R

Please
or

Debbs · 20/03/2002 22:59

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated. We have taken the chance and booked it in June, so I will give you some feedback when I return.

OP posts:
Please
or

Rozzy · 21/03/2002 09:57

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

star · 21/03/2002 19:49

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Rozzy · 22/03/2002 14:34

Message withdrawn

Please
or

CAM · 23/03/2002 15:40

How are you managing that amazing feat?

Please
or

Rozzy · 23/03/2002 18:12

Message withdrawn

Please
or

pluto · 24/03/2002 20:23

Rhiannon, thanks for your post last week about the good bits of clubmed Ibiza I think I'm ready to hear about the downsides now that we've paid the balance and there's no going back!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?