Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Another Centerparcs query!!!!!

6 replies

RexandBen · 27/03/2004 14:33

We've just booked a 2-bed exec villa at Centerparcs for the end of April at Elvedon. We're really looking forward to it - have been once before but I was only about 17, so I dont remember it much!

There will be me & my dh, my 2 yr old and my 1 yr old. My 1 yr old is considered a 'baby' and can stay in the villa on top of the maximum 4 people. My sister has now expressed a wish to come with her baby son which would take us 1 baby 'over' our limit.

Now we wont mind this - she and her ds will have the twin room and we will be in the double room with the cot and have our 2 yr old in bed with us.

I know you're not strictly supposed to go over your limit but do they really mind if its just 1 baby? And do they do a head-count or something when you arrive?

Any ideas?

OP posts:
Please
or

Crunchie · 27/03/2004 18:30

Go for it, The only 'problem' I envisage is when you arrive and you have to go through the check-in stuff (it is drive through) I dunno if they count there. One suggestion is to check in early with just you and your family, then you dh to pop out and collect your sister. I depends where you are coming form. Or hid the baby in the boot!! ;o

Please
or

thedame71 · 19/04/2004 14:26

We visited Longleat CParcs this easter and the very efficient 'check in' included a head count.

Could you see if they have a larger villa available?

x

Please
or

Twinkie · 19/04/2004 14:43

I would actually be concerned about insurance with things like lying about how many people are staying in any kind of accommodation - if something happens like a fire or an accident then you could be left not being able to claim for damages or compensation!!

Please
or

Slinky · 19/04/2004 19:14

As Twinkie says, insurance may cause problems - and I imagine after the fire in Elvedon they make double-sure that they have an exact figure for people on site - imagine if there was a fire and they didn't know extra people were on site.

Please
or

juniper68 · 20/04/2004 20:46

we're off to oasis soon, been a few times and also to other centre parcs. I thought you could ask for a sofa bed if needed? If so then this would up the amount of people.
What about emailing them or ringing to ask anonymously how many are allowed in the exec villas?

Please
or

RexandBen · 21/04/2004 13:06

thanks for your replies. I phoned them and was upfront about our situation. They were fine about it and just said that if we wantee anextra cot we would have to bring a travel cot.

So we are off on Monday (26th)! So if any other mumsnetters are going to Elvedon then and fancy meeting up let me know!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?