Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

La Gomera, Jardin Tecina - Anyone been there?

11 replies

MalmoMum · 16/03/2002 21:14

Found lots of good reports about this place and we are off next week. Yippee!

Any further input?

OP posts:
Please
or

ScummyMummy · 17/03/2002 00:31

No further input but have a great time!

Please
or

SueW · 17/03/2002 09:13

Holidays Uncovered is a great site for reviews of anywhere.

I discovered it by accident. I think there are around 6,000 reviews of holidays all posted by ordinary holidaymakers. They warn you that just cos one person doesn't like a resort/accommodation it doesn't mean others won't.

Most people put the age of the people in their party and it becomes obvious that some places are better suited to families and others to late teens/early 20's, etc.

Please
or

Cazhass · 17/03/2002 17:57

The travel sites are keeping me sane at the moment! Try holidaytruths.com and realholidayreports.com too....

Please
or

Rozzy · 18/03/2002 14:18

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn

Please
or

SueW · 18/03/2002 20:38

[email protected] the same Rozzy - we might go to Israel during Easter hols but might also not. Depends on how the political climate is and how happy DH is about our going.

I've been scouting round for an alternative - found the reviews here on mumsnet interesting and tried to do some comparisons with the reviews on the other websites mentioned. I don't really have any experience of package holidays so am very wary - I've been more used to joining DH wherever he's working or joining family in Canada or NZ.

I'm wondering whether to do Canada again this summer, taking in Toronto, Ottawa and Vancouver and catching up with all our rellies.

Please
or

Rozzy · 19/03/2002 09:10

Message withdrawn

Please
or

SueW · 19/03/2002 09:23

We've been to stay with the Ottawa rellies before - they have a swimming pool in their garden and plenty of room. My aunt and uncle in Vancouver are planning to move back to Ontario soon and I'd like to get over there again whilst I've got an excuse. Toronto is less practical as we have childless friends there who still sort of expect us to party until the early hours

If we don't go to Israel my ideal holiday is going to consist of a very good hotel with excellent childcare facilities. Since DH won't be with us, it'll just be DD and me. THe plan is for her to go into Kids' Club in the morning for 2-3 hours whilst I chill out by the pool with my book and get some exercise. Then pick her up and do lunch, have a siesta, play in the pool with her post-4pm, then have dinner together. Into bed at a reasonable hour for her so I can relax again.

It sounds quite lonely when I write it like that but I quite relish the idea of being away from everything, just chilling. Would be better if DH could come but he has to work and wants to spend his holidays at home!

Please
or

Rozzy · 19/03/2002 15:37

Message withdrawn

Please
or

SueW · 19/03/2002 20:08

The problem Rozzy is that he works in Israel. He is coming home next week for about 10 days but having spent over a month living in an hotel, his idea of fun is not to go to another one!

It looks, fingers crossed, as though things are settling out there again and he is looking forward to our going and spending some time with him. We'll bum around the hotel whilst he goes to work and then be together in the evening plus around for the weekend, which are fairly lonely for him as he is the only international on the project.

The Canada holiday we may do when he gets back at end of project (August) or may go away as a family but I'd have to explore other options than the Med as 30C+ heat is not our idea of pleasant weather! It really depends whether he has another contract lined up.

I've done one long weekend with a girlfriend to New York and we are planning another to Nice - we quite fancy the idea of shopping, lunch, wine, beach, shower, dinner, wine....! If we don't fit it in this summer though, we'll have to explore winter sun+shopping options before she disappears back to NZ.

Please
or

Rozzy · 20/03/2002 13:47

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Rozzy · 20/03/2002 16:55

Message withdrawn

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?