Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Holiday Insurance

5 replies

MaggieW · 05/03/2002 14:53

Any tips for good holiday insurance to cover the three of us please? I'm looking for an annual policy...is there anything specific I need to look out for re cover for my baby?

OP posts:
Please
or

Selja · 05/03/2002 15:48

Which? magazine has just done a thing on travel insurance so it might be worth looking at that. We used Nationwide BS which was quite cheap. Don't know what the claiming procedure is like as we haven't heard back yet but I'll let you know.

Please
or

Debby · 05/03/2002 15:55

We've just got a policy with Atlas Direct - which was only about £50 for the year (I think)and seems to cover everything we need. I did quite a bit of shopping around before I chose that one - all on the internet - did a search on travel insurance.

Please
or

helenmh · 05/03/2002 16:29

We always get ana aannual policy with Options insurance. they are great value Tel:0870 848 0870 website www.optionsinsurance.co.uk
helen

Please
or

Rhiannon · 05/03/2002 21:40

We have a worldwide annual family policy with ABC works out about £100 pa. (not including winter sports). R

Please
or

MaggieW · 18/03/2002 14:06

Thanks for that. Have sorted one out with Worldcover Direct for around £120. Be warned that some insurance policies (including Nationwide) don't allow independent travel for partners ie only the first named on policy is covered if you travel separately on a trip.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?