Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Child-friendly places to stay in San Francisco

5 replies

Cath2W · 12/03/2004 09:23

Hi
Hope someone out there can help me....we're going to San Francisco later this year for a wedding and my daughter will be 8 months old. I'm looking for somewhere to stay that is child-friendly, ideally with a creche, a baby-listening service and baby-sitting. I don't mind if it's a villa/apartment or hotel or even a private house to rent and it doesn't have to be in the city itself, somewhere in the surrounding region would be fine. Has anyone been out there and stayed anywhere good?!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cath

OP posts:
Please
or

sykes · 12/03/2004 09:40

I stay with my sister who lives out there. I've been quite a few times - my girls are two and four now. I love San Francisco. If you give me more of an idea of what you want/what you'll be doing/where the wedding is I'll ask my sister to recommend places - also, budget??

Please
or

Cath2W · 15/03/2004 13:27

Sykes
Thanks for responding!....ideally a hotel/apartment complex somewhere with babysitting and baby listening facilites and a creche if possible, but it's probably not! We'd like a swimming pool too. I especially like the Sausalito and Tiburon region, or Mill Valley, or something in San Francisco itself. Regards budget, we're willing to spend $300 a night.
Many thanks to your sister!!

OP posts:
Please
or

hedghog · 21/03/2004 23:05

hello Cath
If you are still searching for information about San Francisco I suggest you go to fodors.com/forums/ and check out the discussion forum there for California. When I was planning our trip last Easter to San Francisco, San Diego, LA and Las Vegas I got almost all of my info from fodors. There is a useful search facility where you could type something like "San Francisco hotel creche" or "San Francisco hotel child friendly" and all the old posts and threads on the subject will appear.

Please
or

CountessDracula · 21/03/2004 23:21

Hi Cath, we did a house swap to San Francisco via www.homeexchange.com

Always lots of Americans wanting to come to the uk - why not try it!

Please
or

sykes · 23/03/2004 10:31

Cath2W only just seen this again. My sister should be calling this evening so will ask.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?