Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Florida Shopping - Naples

2 replies

cocococo · 05/03/2004 22:48

Just booked a last minute villa holiday to Florida and getting very excited! We're staying in the Naples area so any suggestions on things to do with a 2 year old around there would be greatly appreciated if you've been. I'm planning to take very little and do lots of shopping out there - it's been so long since we've been - any suggestions on Stateside bestbuys?
Thanks!

OP posts:
Please
or

LIZS · 07/03/2004 09:16

There is a causeway out to Sanibel and Captiva Islands which have nature reserves , long beaches and are popular for shelling, also boat trips which may or may not appeal. Seem to recall a mall near the point at which the causeway joins the mainland but that was about 10 years ago so may have changed since.

Have a great time

Please
or

SecondhandRose · 07/03/2004 14:45

Nice big shopping centre just outside Naples, they've got a Dillards, my fave.

Best buys are the outlet malls. Osh Kosh, trainers, Ralph, Tommy Hilfiger.

I've always found perfume to be quite expensive but Revlon make up is cheaper.

Not necessarily cheap but they always have great bedding ranges in the US.

Buy all your toiletries when you get there to save lugging them over.

Walmart is great for just about everything.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?