Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Disneyland in California

3 replies

triplets · 28/01/2002 22:02

We are planning a trip with our 4yr old triplets next year. Can any one recommend accomodation, really child friendly, close to Disney, either hotel/resort/private home, in fact anything. Would love to find something really special or unusual.

OP posts:
Please
or

triplets · 28/01/2002 22:03

Also interested in other places in California, eg Yosemite Park.

OP posts:
Please
or

Rhiannon · 29/01/2002 10:54

Hi triplets, I went to stay with a friend last Summer about an hour south of San Francisco. Went to Monterey, a lovely fishing town, great pier, had lunch at Bubba Gumps. Also went to San Fran. went on a boat trip over to a fabulous and beautiful walkable old fashioned town called Sausilito (you can take photos of Alcatraz on the way over).

The only problem you'll have is there is so much to see and everything is miles apart. My advice is don't try to cram in too much or you'll need a holiday when you get home!

If you go down to San Diego there is Legoland, Sea World and the zoo.

Have actually just cancelled my bargain LA (Daily Mail) trip as I've just found out it's on 56 degrees in San Diego. Have re-booked Miami instead at 76 degrees! R

Please
or

helenmh · 30/01/2002 09:32

We were in California for about three months when the boys were really tiny about 6 years ago. We loved SanFrancisco. We stayed in a place called the Marina Inn which was in the Marina district which was a lovely area. In the city I would recommend Baker beach,Which has a wonderful view of The Golden gate bridge. We tookthe ferry to Sausilito and Tiburon. Golden gate park is really nice. North Beach has some great Italian restaurants. There was a nice park in Pacific heights. I can also recommend the North coast of California for some really unspoilt places.We stayed overnight in a log cabin in Yosemite which was wonderful. We drove down towards Los Angeles and saw some great coast especially around Monterey and Big Sur. Monterey has a great aquarium. We stayed in Santa Barbara. Theres so much to see. Look out for money off coupons for hotels in local papers. We used Frommers guide "California with kids". Both SanFransisco and Santa Barbara have nice zoosh. Dont hire a car in San Fransisco as those hills are so steep and the public transport is excellent
Have a great time
Helen

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?