Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

CAN WE TAKE SEALED CARTONS OF BABY FORMULA INTO JAMAICA

6 replies

bigdaddy66 · 27/01/2004 18:51

does anyone know if we can take sealed cartons of baby formula into jamaica as this will still be my 6 month old daughter main food source. I know you cant import diary products in to the country,. i dont mind the carrying of it, i just dont want it confiscated and have to panick looking for something as soon as we land. not a good start to the holiday.

OP posts:
Please
or

twiglett · 27/01/2004 18:53

message withdrawn

Please
or

AussieSim · 27/01/2004 19:00

I don't know about Jamaica specifically, but I have taken babyfood into Turkey, Spain, Australia and Germany. I would think so long as it is sealed then it should be fine. I would take it even if you hear that they might be confiscated (put some in carry on and some in checked in luggage) as I met a mum who was holidaying in Spain who hadn't bought her own formula with her and her baby was rejecting the local ones and she was having a terrible time. The content of baby food (don't know so much about formula) varies incredibly depending on the country IME.

Please
or

popsycal · 27/01/2004 19:04

I wish i had taken them to majorca - was told by travle agent that there would be loads to buy there
no choice at all
luckily ds will drink anything so was ok - but any slightly fussy baby could have been a nightmare!!

Please
or

jowood · 27/01/2004 23:12

we're off to jamaica too in a couple of weeks
and I am panicking as well. I am going to pack the sealed cartons in the suitcase and a supply of ready mixed cartons in the hand luggage together with the baby food jars and packets and just hope and pray they do not search me.
Whatelse can you do ?

Have a good trip anyway

Please
or

Levanna · 28/01/2004 00:23

I'm not sure about formula, but a friend of mine just returned from over a month in Jamaica. She's since told me that she wished she knew about the nappies there beforehand, as the popular 'cuddly' brand she uses here (uk), are a cheap and nasty version over there, but extortionately expensive. (second hand info, I'd like to reiterate!)

Please
or

bobthebaby · 28/01/2004 00:50

I live in NZ and you aren't supposed to bring any dairy into the country. However I'm sure that heat treated and sealed cartons of formula would be allowed.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?