Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Has anyone stayed at "Pierre&Vacances" appartments in Brittany?

6 replies

emkaren · 10/01/2004 19:54

I've seen several places in the brochure and can't make up my mind which one to go to - I like the look of two which are near Quimper - one's called Cap Coz, and one le Guivlinet or something like that. Or can anyone recommend any other good ones?

OP posts:
Please
or

Slinky · 10/01/2004 20:02

Haven't used them myself but I got chatting to a family in France this year who have used them and they rated them very highly! When we were in Benodet this year there was a complex of P&V appts nearby and they looked lovely

As for Quimper, can definately recommend this town - have stayed in Benodet (aprox 15km away) 2 years running and have always gone into Quimper. Lovely little streets with cafes/shops etc and a beautiful cathedral.

Please
or

emkaren · 10/01/2004 20:09

Thanks slinky.
The apartments I've looked at in particular are near Benodet. What kind of accommodation did you use?

OP posts:
Please
or

Slinky · 10/01/2004 20:11

We went with Keycamp at a site called "La Pointe St Gilles" staying in a mobile home.

Please
or

tealady · 10/01/2004 20:22

We stayed at Pierre et Vacances, Port du Crouesty, Aug 2003 with ds (6) and dd (4). Nice location, although quite a long drive from the ports. Great range of activities on offer in the village for adults and children, good beach and pool and a sweet little harbour area with lots of nice restaurants to explore in the evening. We thought that the apartments were a bit too small. We had a 1 bed apartment, the kids had the bedroom but there was no room in it for anything but the bed. We had sofa bed in lounge but 'kitchen' was also in this area - so a bit cramped for 4 of us by the end of the week. I'd be happy to go again - but would want a bigger apartment. Please feel free to contact me if you want any more info.

Please
or

catface · 28/01/2004 19:55

Has anyone been to Cap Esterel in South France?

Please
or

hedghog · 05/02/2004 23:31

catface, I stayed at Cap Esterel in June 1998. My kids were 3 yrs 7 months and 7 months at the time. What would you like to know?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?