Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

DESPERATE FOR SOME SUN AND WARMTH

3 replies

spring · 08/01/2002 14:34

We have a lively 2 and a half year old and plan a week break in February. Can anyone recommend somewhere warm, with a beach, good amenities, child friendly etc. For this short break we just want to relax and do things she would like, rather than drag her around places we want to go!!! Pool and beach, short flight/no transfers are the only priorities I can think of at the moment - apart from sunshine of course.

OP posts:
Please
or

helenmh · 08/01/2002 14:48

I can recommend playa blanca in lanzarote. It is a 4 hour flight though. It is great for kids with a pedestrianised waterfront,safe sandy beaches and family friendly restaurants. We also went to the Algarve which is a bit less reliable weatherwise but only 2 hour flight. We liked the far west near Lagos

Please
or

Ems · 08/01/2002 18:39

spring have you looked on ask the experts board, I remember there being some ideas there that might help.

Please
or

Rhiannon · 08/01/2002 21:41

Spring, Canaries are definitely your best bet for Winter sun, you could also try Tunisia and the Southern tip (Almeria) of Spain. Eilat too but not sure of the beaches there. We're going to LA in Feb with the BA bargain flights, bet it'll be bl**dy cold there too! R.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?