My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Car for three car seats

6 replies

Clover · 05/01/2004 11:58

Hi. Our car is about to expire and we need to buy a new one with room for three car seats in the back and plenty of boot space. We have a 4-year-old on a booster seat with a back, a 1-year-old and a baby arriving in May. We don't want one of those massive people carriers as the car will be my husband's commuting car too. We've tried a Picasso and a Scenic, which my husband thinks are too small, so we're thinking of some kind of estate car. Does anyone have one which fits three car-seated kids in the back and has three proper seatbelts, plus a big boot. Does such a car exist? Any advise on what/what not to go for would be much appreciated.

OP posts:
Twinkie · 05/01/2004 12:01

Message withdrawn

Podmog · 05/01/2004 12:31

Message withdrawn

SoupDragon · 05/01/2004 13:11

You can fit a baby seat, a seat for under 4s and a high backed booster in the back of a Renault Laguna and the boot space is big enough. The Laguna has 3 3-point seat belts in the back.

jasper · 05/01/2004 21:33

Get a japanese car.
Don't go anywhere near peugeot

jmg · 06/01/2004 01:17

We have a volvo - boring I know - but it fits three car seats across the back. Also has a rear facing row in the boor which is useful if having school friends home for tea!

misdee · 06/01/2004 08:09

MIL has the new nissan almera (i think thats the one), massive in the back and a fair bit of boot space. and the middle seat belt is a proper one.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.