Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Evesham Hotel

2 replies

nappybrain · 22/12/2003 12:45

Was wondering if anyone had stayed here ? - have read a lot of good reviews but wondered if anyone had been. Thinking about taking a toddler there for a weekend break. Would be grateful for any feedback particularly on the standard of the rooms and food!

OP posts:
Please
or

sylvev · 29/12/2003 16:56

Hi there
We stayed there for my mother's 80th birthday a few years ago and have been back for meals since. It is a lovely hotel, we had a family room which was lovely and spacious and the grounds are great for little ones to play in. There is an indoor swimming pool for guests and the food and amazing wine list are very impressive! It is not cheap but very relaxing. The proprietor is very welcoming, child friendly and nicely eccentric, along with the talking duck in the ladies toilets and the rude scarcrow (so I'm told) in the mens! I would recommend it and describe it as relaxed, informal luxury!!

Please
or

sylvev · 29/12/2003 16:58

Hi, meant to add that they will cook anything for the children. My daughter was going through a cold pasta and cucumber phase, whilst my son wanted "white fish" with chips. They were given exactly what they wanted and not charged the earth for it!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?