Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Winter sun in January?

4 replies

2under2 · 29/11/2001 19:26

We (a 2 yr old, a baby and two parents) are thinking of getting a bit of winter sun somewhere, most likely in January or February. The Canaries are appealing because of the relatively short flight, but I'm open to suggestions! My main requirements are that no vaccinations or malaria tablets are required and that it's nice and warm. Does anyone have any good suggestions or recommendations? Oh, and a sandy beach would also be good. Cheers!

OP posts:
Please
or

Helenmh · 30/11/2001 15:03

We stayed in playa blanca in lanzarote for a week in feb. It is a resort with some character. There is a pedestrianised promenade with very child friendly restaurants. It has several sandy beaches . The island is worth exploring too. last year we went to the Algarve. The weather is slightly more hit and miss but only a 2 hr flight. We had a car and explored the area. We really liked the far west. Lagos is town with character and lovely beaches. We have booked to go for 2 weeks next easter. Prices are extremely reasonable.

Please
or

Zaria · 30/11/2001 17:02

We have booked Los Agujas (I think thats the name) in Fuerteventura for March, as we too will be deperate for some sun, and someone told me this is one of the quiter islands in the Canaries. The agents were Direct Connection (or Connections, not sure which) Have a great time wherever you go!

Please
or

scout · 08/01/2002 12:51

Does anyone know of any winter sun villas mainland southern spain that would be suitable for a couple with 4 month old baby.Preferably over next two to three weeks. Possibility of baby sitting one evening would be nice!

Please
or

Bee · 08/01/2002 13:39

Hi Scout

I don't think you could be sure of sunshine or warmth anywhere in mainland Europe at this time of year. Spain will be wamer than here, of course, but not guaranteed T-shirt weather. You really need to look at Canaries, Tunisia, maybe Malta, I think.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?