My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Place to stay in Barcelona

5 replies

Robbie · 20/11/2001 20:52

Could anyone recommend a romantic hotel in Barcelona. Just booked a weekend there in effort to get some "quality time" there with other half, but no idea where to stay. Looking to spend £100 per night on the room. Thanks in advance...

OP posts:
Tlb · 21/11/2001 11:10

I cannot recommend but do avoid anyhting which is based on or vey close to Las Ramblas which has a lovely market but has stacks of pickpockets and the red light area!!

Mima · 21/11/2001 21:38

When I was last there we stayed at Hotel Claris, on the Carrer Pau Claris. Very well situated for most of the sights and a beautiful hotel and roof top swimming pool. I was around six months pregnant during this trip and the only thing that put me off Barcelona was the cigarette smoke. Everyone was at it and hardly any restaurants have non-smoking tables.

Ems · 22/11/2001 13:28

Robbie, lastminute.com do some brilliant deals. There was one this week on a 4* hotel, excellent prices. Might be worth a look.

Robbie · 22/11/2001 13:47

thanks. I did look on last minute but you never know what you're going to get - I've know some four star hotels to be much worse than three stars - seems they get the star for having a conference facility or something like that... but I'll check again.
Ta

OP posts:
Buster · 06/03/2002 22:29

Robbie where did you stay? was it good. We are going in april and want exactly the rpmantic hotel bit. All advice gratefully received

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.