Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Girls w/e to Barcelona....."I know nussing"!!!

5 replies

batey · 02/11/2003 19:28

Any tips on where's a good area to stay, what's a reasonable price etc? Hoping to go next Feb or Mar, 2 from stanstead and 2 from Bristol. TIA.

OP posts:
Please
or

katierocket · 02/11/2003 20:02

ooo...great idea - i went in July with a really good friend, we had a great time. The Rambla is the main touristy area but there are loads of great places to stay all over - what is your budget for accommodation?

try this for good tips bbc holiday

Please
or

katierocket · 02/11/2003 20:04

sorry this is the specific accommodation bit but all of the site is useful

accommodation

Please
or

batey · 02/11/2003 20:14

Thanks for those sites. Budget is cheap-medium! What are the "must sees"?

OP posts:
Please
or

katierocket · 02/11/2003 20:20

well depends what you're into.
Gaudi's park is fantastic for relaxing, and all of his building are gorgeous. The Rambla is interesting, but bars and tapas more so!

Please
or

susanmt · 03/11/2003 23:32

The museums are all shut on Monday! We found that out to our cost when we were there. Try to stay on or near the Ramblas if you can - magic! Eat lots of Tapas and cakes in the late afternoon. Its one of the best weekends away we've ever had - we flew from Bristol (where my Mum lived at the time) and it was fab. Oh I'm jealous ......
i really wanted to see the Miro and Picasso museums but .. well, see above. The Gaudi park (Parc Guell) is great, and just wandering around was the best thing we did.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?