My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Wanlockhead, nr. Sanquhar

8 replies

auntymandy · 16/10/2005 08:25

what is there around here?

OP posts:
auntymandy · 16/10/2005 08:40

any one?

OP posts:
auntymandy · 16/10/2005 09:03

please?

OP posts:
KBear · 16/10/2005 09:26

I replied on your other thread - not that I've been there but googled and found some info.

winniewoo · 17/10/2005 07:46

Seriously not a lot..although a drive will take you to many places. What kind of things do you want to find out? Are you up on holiday?
Dalscone Farm in Dumfries is fantastic and at a guess around 30 minutes away. Drumlanrig Castle is also good..has an adventure playground but you would need to check if still open. Edinburgh and Glasgow not too far away and there is plenty to do up there.

auntymandy · 17/10/2005 09:34

We are going up for half term.
Fancy a trip to Edinburgh. Got children ranging from 15 to 1 so need a mix! Is there a good pool to go to as we never swim at home!! I wont be seen anywhere someone might know me!

OP posts:
Kidstrack2 · 17/10/2005 09:56

Its good if you love the countryside! Very peaceful and many walks! But again its not far drive to find towns etc I'm in Ayr on West coast and there are many hundred things you can do! As someone mentioned drumlanrig castle is a good day out, last time I was there we hired out bikes and done a 3mile track!

auntymandy · 17/10/2005 10:02

We could do a bike ride then I wont worry about the fried mars bars I am thinking of trying!

OP posts:
winniewoo · 17/10/2005 12:27

There is a big leisure pool with flumes etc.. called time capsule nr glasgow in coatbridge. Google and have a look..sorry haven't managed links yet. The Dumfries pool is not great. Glasgow science centre good for 6-15yrs.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.