My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Kingsbury Water Park (Nr Birmingham)

3 replies

DaddyGhoul · 14/10/2005 14:20

Really really good.

I take ds there now. It's about half an hour straight down the M6 from me.

£2.50 per car. Loads of little lakes each designated for different purposes: jet-skiing (he's a bit small.. but soon, very soon!), RC boats, a little lake for different type of fishing, recreational for duck feedings... all sorts.

really good little visitor centre with a decent cafe as well.

The kids play stuff is pretty good and there is an adventure play park for over 5's but it's shut down right now due to vandalism .

but yes, very very good and I would recommend it to anyone a bit outdoorsey.

So... junction 9 off the M6, follow signs for Kingsbury, you can't miss it. Someone else on here recommended this but I can't remember who.

OP posts:
WigWamBam · 14/10/2005 14:31

They also have lots of well laid out paths for walks, nature trails, good cycle routes and a cycle hire shop, you can walk (about 3/4 of a mile from the visitor centre, closer if you use a different car park) to Broomey Croft children's farm which is superb, there's a big open playing field where you can park your car and have a picnic, and (sadly) you can also hire a mobility scooter so that the MIL can come along as well (mutters darkly under breath>.

DaddyCool · 14/10/2005 16:24

yes, the trails are great. ds and i wandered for ages. he got tired and i ended up carrying him half the way back (hmm.. and that was nice).

i really liked it. the ducks chased him though away from the main lake. he giggled as he legged it from them as they thought he had a piece of bread in his hand (but it was only a little car).

DaddyCool · 18/04/2006 11:44

Just an update on Kingsbury Water Park.... They've just built a mini steam engine track and it's excellent. Only phase 1 has been completed (about half the length of the final track) but it's still good and ds was so excited I thought he was going to explode.

Currently £1 (under 3's free) and I think it only runs on Sundays and Bank Holidays.

Great place if you're interested. Loads of lakes and trails and all sorts.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.