Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

S of England holiday cottages by the sea at short notice !

5 replies

wickedstepmother · 07/08/2003 10:58

I'm sure there has already been a similar thread to this but here goes...

DH and I want to take our 3 kids (DS 11, DS 9 & DD 1) on holiday in the next couple of weeks (subject to DH being granted holiday by CEO!). We wee going to go abroad but then I realised that DD doesn't have a passport and it's going to be a VERY close thing to try and get one, time-wise.

So we have decided to give the UK a whirl. We have holidayed in the UK with the boys before but never with DD. Our ideal criteria are

1. Must be near to clean sea (pref sandy beach)
  2. Must have plenty to do for older kids in surrounding area
  3. Must be baby friendly
  4. Preferably quiet area ( I know that's a bit of a contradiction to 2. but hey-ho!)

We've thought about a holiday cottages and quite like the idea, but we are also open to static caravan sites. Would be great to have a nice clean pool (pref with fun slides) on site.

We don't want to go overboard money-wise as we are going to South Africa for 14 days in Jan which will cost us a small fortune ! Ideally would like to spend less than £300 for accomodation for the 5 of us, but could go to £400 for the perfect place with all our boxes ticked !

Thanks in anticipation
    WSM
OP posts:
Please
or

Mo2 · 07/08/2003 11:02

Have you searched www.lastminute.com under holiday cottages - might be something there (we've booked one in Northumberland for Sept) Don't have any personal recommendations I'm afraid.

Please
or

WedgiesMum · 07/08/2003 11:06

I always bang on about cottages4you.com on these threads because I have found them to be brilliant. You can do a really specific search, based on all your criteria and hey presto! it comes up with all the cottages available that match.

Good luck!

Please
or

aloha · 07/08/2003 12:04

Try calling Helpful Holidays (they are West Country and you can find them on the net) They have a good internet site but I found that the people who run it are brilliant, know their properties and are very helpful.
BTW you can get a passport in four hours if you can get to the passport office in Victoria.

Please
or

wickedstepmother · 07/08/2003 13:23

Thanks aloha. Don't fancy trudging to London from Worcester though

OP posts:
Please
or

lisalisa · 07/08/2003 13:33

Message withdrawn

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?