My feed

to access all these features

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

General health

Anyone know a good London based orthopaedic surgeon specialising in feet?

4 replies

Notalwaysabowlofcherries · 22/01/2014 09:18

I have broken my 5th metatarsal and it isn't healing properly. I want to go and see an expert privately so I can get a second opinion as not sure it is being managed properly so far on NHS. Break was 6 weeks ago -they are still unsure if I need surgery etc. Want to see someone who also does NHS work so I can see them for surgery - if necessary - back on NHS (budget can stretch to a consultant visit, but not for private surgery!). Have the name Peter Rosenfeld - anyone know of him? Any input very gratefully received; have been told it's key to get the right orthopod…….

OP posts:
MrsSnow · 22/01/2014 22:35

I don't know of him but had multiple foot issues resolved under the care of Mr Sam Singh at Guys/St Thomas'. I also had a friend who saw Mr Singh privately and was very pleased with the surgery he performed.

QueenQueenie · 22/01/2014 23:02

Mark Davis. Foot specialist. Works at the Cromwell and St John and St Elizabeth...

Notalwaysabowlofcherries · 23/01/2014 07:20

Thank you so much for those recommendations. Will follow up.

OP posts:
Amc3 · 04/01/2015 09:14

I have seen several of the specialists mentioned here and found them all to be very nice but none of them diagnosed my daughters problem. I then found Mr Andy Goldberg OBE who works at the Wellington Hospital in London, and within minutes he diagnosed a connection of stiff bone between her foot bones that made it stiff and recommended surgery to remove it. She is now completely pain free and back to sports which she hadn't been able to do for 2 yearsSmile and all the treatments before had been a waste of time. I wish we had seen him earlier and couldn't recommend him enough

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.