My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

If you have a family member in the Royal Navy, RAF or army, find support from other Mumsnetters here.

Forces sweethearts

19 years ago

8 replies

MrsSnaplegs · 28/06/2011 21:18

Tomorrow I joined up - where has the time gone?

OP posts:
TalcAndTurnips · 28/06/2011 21:37

Many congratulations on your 'anniversary'! Just think - in a year's time, you'll be entering your third decade of service!

Do you think you'll see it through to retirement? My DH has a few years to go yet; he loves his job and the RN so much they'll have to tip him out of the back door in a bath chair. However, I do understand that not everybody is quite so anchor-faced...

MrsSnaplegs · 28/06/2011 21:59

Another 7 yrs unless they kick me out before and even then I'll still only be 45 having done 26yrs Grin

OP posts:
MrsSnaplegs · 28/06/2011 22:01

And to think my DM didn't think I'd make It through basic training Grin

OP posts:
TalcAndTurnips · 28/06/2011 22:31

45? Why will you have to retire so young?

I'm glad you proved your DM wrong. I have the greatest respect for service women - you do tough job and constantly have to excel as a woman in a predominantly male environment. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have lasted so long!

SexyDragonStarlet · 28/06/2011 22:53

Wow, that's a pretty special anniversary! Well done you! :)

MrsSnaplegs · 28/06/2011 22:57

Well I will have to go then unless my "contract" is extended again I will have to wait and see what happens in next couple of years!
I plan to send my dh out to work then and I will be sahpGrin

OP posts:
TalcAndTurnips · 28/06/2011 23:25

Superb forward planning there - you'll take over just at the age when the children get so much easier Wink

MrsSnaplegs · 29/06/2011 03:24

Grin and that's the plan!

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.