My feed

to access all these features

Elderly parents

Advice needed for a complicated situation.

1 reply

alaskafriendor2 · 22/09/2013 13:45

I will cut to the chase on this if I may.

Since marrying 8 years ago my wife and I have shared ownership of a house with my wifes elderly mother. (we own 1/3 she owns the rest)

If, as seems increasingly likely, she needs to go into a home how will the authorities deal with the house? MIL income is approx 1/4 of the monthly rate a care home as far as I can see.

OP posts:
pudcat · 22/09/2013 17:47

Have a look on the Age Concern web site. They have lots of guides to download about paying for care homes and jointly owned homes.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.