Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

To buy MORE cloth nappies or not?!

8 replies

jollymollygoesdancing · 15/08/2022 07:38

Cloth bum mums will understand. It’s been a total journey with my 1st, a real love hate relationship with my nappies 😂

My dilemma is, we don’t know if we want/ will have a second child yet. I’m dying to take my knowledge from my first to prepare for the second and get my stash ‘just right’.

Is it silly to buy the nappies now or should I just wait to see what happens in the future?

OP posts:
Please
or

WolfMother326 · 18/08/2022 14:29

You could buy them used? Ebay and Vinted always have great bundles of lightly used cloth nappies.

Please
or

OwlBasket · 18/08/2022 15:29

Definitely best to wait until you’ve at least decided to have a second child, and preferably until the child is a few months old. Babies have different builds, the perfect nappy for one child can be a nightmare on another.

It’d be pretty weird to buy more nappies in your current position TBH

Please
or

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake · 19/08/2022 07:13

I wouldn't. The cloth nappies I used on ds were an awful fit on dd so had to sell them and buy a whole different brand to fit her without leaking

Please
or

Springflowersblooming · 19/08/2022 14:33

I wouldn’t do it. They may not fit your second (I have different favourites for my two boys) and imagine how fed up you’ll get cloth bumming number 2 with no excuse to ever pick something new! Save the shopping till he or she arrives. :)

Please
or

Cleothecat75 · 19/08/2022 14:41

If you decide not to have another baby, what will you do with the nappies you have bought? Sounds like a potential waste of money to me.

Please
or

lljkk · 19/08/2022 17:06

Lovely that you're so excited but definitely wait until next baby is well progressed in production before buying more cloth nappies.

Please
or

dmask · 19/08/2022 17:48

Yes, agree. Don’t buy until they’re here! The fir is completely different depending on the child and their age! Second hand is the way to go, so much cheaper. My mum gave me all my old nappies from when I was young!!

Please
or

Himawarigirl · 24/08/2022 18:08

Just write down all the key things you want to remember to get it perfect next time and then worry about it when the child is here. I was able to use the same set on three kids with different builds.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?