My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Egg donation in Portugal

6 replies

Francesmalin · 24/09/2022 11:11

Hello,

Has anyone done egg donation in Portugal? Looking there cause they have open donor and given I am southern European I think I might have a more suitable donor there than in the uk

OP posts:
Doingprettywellthanks · 24/09/2022 11:17

Francesmalin · 24/09/2022 11:11

Hello,

Has anyone done egg donation in Portugal? Looking there cause they have open donor and given I am southern European I think I might have a more suitable donor there than in the uk

In terms of colouring?

Francesmalin · 24/09/2022 14:48

Yeah, Mediterranean look! Dark hair olive skin! ☺️

OP posts:
Doingprettywellthanks · 24/09/2022 15:17

Well yes, makes sense for that though

personally though if you’re in the UK I would 100% prioritise undergoing the process in the uk and not abroad irrespective of aesthetics

Francesmalin · 25/09/2022 19:22

Why do you recommend doing it in the UK? The only reason I am thinking Portugal is because it might be easier and faster to find someone that looks like me 😉

OP posts:
Kleintje · 25/09/2022 20:51

I've done two rounds of IVF at IVI Portugal and had a terrible experience and am now looking at clinics in Spain for egg donation. The Portuguese clinics are oversubscribed and not used to dealing with foreign patients (even though they might say they are).

Carajillo · 26/09/2022 10:36

There is no guarantee of any child from donor eggs looking like you. In fact one of my twins via embryo donation in Spain is fair and one is dark. Spain uses Eastern European egg donors so again, no guarantee.

Staying in the UK gives you ID release at 18 for your child's sake. Portugal also has ID release.

Best of luck,
C

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.