My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Shared Motherhood IVF

1 reply

Robyn3108 · 31/05/2020 10:59

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Mumsnet and this is my first post, I've had a look through some other similar posts and have seen some amazing support and advice out there so exciting to join this community! ❤️

My wife and I are just starting shared motherhood IVF with Donor sperm (we used the California Cryobank). It feels like this is such a long time coming with the unfortunate events of Covid, we started this process last year but thankfully it's all go again now. Our care is through care fertility, my wife is donating her eggs to me and I will carry.

I am due to start down regulating with Buseraline in the next few weeks, we are so excited to finally be getting going, we have been warned about the hormonal swings? Curious to know how they will affect us both?

This is our first cycle of IVF and have privately funded so won't likely be able to have more attempts.. desperately hoping for a positive story but trying to also be realistic.

Anyone have and advice for us, words of wisdom? Very grateful for any comments 😊

OP posts:
sensiblefootwear · 02/11/2021 20:36

Hi there

I realise this is an old thread now - I'm sorry you didnt get any replies here! Hopefully you got some useful information and support elsewhere Smile

My partner and I are also starting to think about the process of shared motherhood. I'd love to know how your experience was if you don't mind sharing?

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.