My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Home insemination

3 replies

Firsttime92 · 11/05/2020 12:11

Hi all,
I'm new to this site but have seen how supportive it is to discuss worries, experiences and thoughts with people that share them.
Me and my partner are starting to try home insemination after there being problems with him maintaining an erection, we thought that this may be a less stressful way to start our family for the both of us. (We will also continue to try through intercourse alongside)

Has anyone or is anyone using this method and have you got any tips for this?
Thank you! smile

OP posts:
TurkeyBasterHopeItWorks · 11/05/2020 13:46

Hi @Firsttime92 - my DH and I are both in the same situation, DH has ED difficulties so we have been home inseminating for the past 4 months. No success yet sadly but we are trying to remain hopeful. Actually we have self inseminated this morning as the first attempt on cycle 4! 🙈
I started up a similar thread myself and there are lots of lovely ladies who have given great advice and shared their stories. Please feel free to ask me anything and I will gladly help if I can.
Best of luck to you both 🤞

TurkeyBasterHopeItWorks · 11/05/2020 13:47
ChunkyButFunky87 · 26/05/2020 15:47

Last month was our first cycle of trying ourselves, we were extremely lucky and fell pregnant on our first attempt, whilst this sadly ended in a chemical pregnancy, it did give me hope that it's possible. This was also just 1 attempt on CD14!

Cycle 2 this month, staying positive and hopefully we'll get a sticky bean soon

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.