My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

IVF Instituo bernabeu Alicante

3 replies

Smiffy88 · 22/10/2019 14:23

Hi i'm 42 (43 in November) and my partner and I are just embarking on IVF for the first time after nearly two years of no success. had tests here in UK and looks like we need IVF... we are interested in the Insituto Bernubeu Alicante and heard good things for our age group....please can anyone tell me what it was like there?? how much is costs and where they stayed and how long they needed there? etc... its a very anxious time. Thanks so much for any tips are appreciated!

OP posts:
Sofari · 12/01/2020 19:19

@smiffy88
Hello , did you ever end up at I.Bernabeu?
41 looking to head there , from Canada , pls share any details of your experience thus far .
Best wishes

Smiffy88 · 12/01/2020 19:57

Hi .. no, we decided after many weeks of trying to reach the nurse there, the language barrier and after IB asking for loads of extra scans (including mammography and extra bloods) also with the UK leaving the EU) we would go to Manchester Fertility as many good reports from friends there and online. So far the service is excellent .. so much better than IB.it wasn’t for us but may be fab for you. I need an organised clinic with good response to feel relaxed IB were hard to get hold of and get answers from with Spanish answer phone messages and up to two days to reply.

Hope everything works out for you. Best of wishes 😊

OP posts:
Sofari · 12/01/2020 21:41

Ah interesting on the response delays , been hearing similar notes for IB .
Feel like when clinics get this popular service level drops.
Thank you and good luck with Manchester !

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.