My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

On the Mumsnet Donor Conception forum, you can discuss sperm and egg donation with people in the same situation.

Donor conception

Donor egg advice

3 replies

jennisprudence · 31/07/2019 22:48

Hi,
My husband and I are using donor eggs and we are struggling to get information on what happens if we are successful in getting embryos to day 5 that are viable.
What is the next step after that for FET? I keep asking our clinic but they seem to only want to tell us what happens in stages and are focusing on getting to day 5 first. I'd like to know what happens if we get to then.
Thanks

OP posts:
Persipan · 01/08/2019 05:44

I've always had fresh transfers at either day 3 or day 5, or I suppose if you were wanting to do PGS then you'd do a freeze-all cycle and a later FET? Is there some particular bit of the process you want to know more about?

Cutesbabasmummy · 07/08/2019 18:36

I had a FET of a day 5 embryo. They defrosted it the day before and did the transfer. Layed down for half an hour and left the clinic. Wasnt allowed a bath or to swim for 7 days but showers were fine. 2 weeks later we got a BFP. He is now 4!

happylass · 15/08/2019 21:14

It obviously depends on your protocol but usually with FET you begin taking estrogen at the start of your cycle. You then have a scan around cd10 to check lining and if it's good they'll give you a date for transfer (usually around cd20). You'll then start taking progesterone 5/6 days before transfer. The embryo(s) are usually defrosted on the morning of transfer.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.