My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.



2 replies

cookiemon666 · 07/05/2017 16:54

Hi Ladies,
desperately seeking advice:
Myself and ex owe school fee's, I am being made to sell family home to pay off this debt, paying off this debt leaves not enough money for a decent deposit on a house for the children and I. We also have mortgage arrears accrued by ex as he paid the mortgage. My parents can help me with a mortage for a house but without sufficient depost I am stuck.

Any suggestions, ex husband and his solicitor also want me to sign a form stating that I will allow the house to be sold, otherwise I can be held in contempt of court and go to prison.

Feels like 1 step forward and a 100 back at the moment!!

OP posts:
MrsBertBibby · 07/05/2017 18:15

Take proper legal advice before you sign anything. You can't afford not to.

EveryoneTalkAboutPopMusic · 07/05/2017 18:29

Agree. You need to take independent legal advice. Have a look here.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.