My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Father with Parental Responsibility

2 replies

Strawberry20 · 17/02/2015 18:43


I hope someone can help.

I know a father who's children live with him. The mother is in an abusive relationship with another man. The children are scared to speak with Social Services for fear of the reaction from their mother. There is a court order in place. Mum has been in and out of refuges and this is seriously upsetting the children. The father is unable to stop the children from going to mum but at the same time he cannot stop mum from spending time with the abuser.

Apart from going back to court, does anyone have any experience in this at all?


OP posts:
babybarrister · 17/02/2015 20:11

This reply has been deleted

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Strawberry20 · 18/02/2015 12:56

Thank you for your response.

I think he is apprehensive about going back to court. SS did not recognise emotional abuse. So were not interested in the case even though the children's schools had made a referral.

He mentioned supervised visits but i only thought that happened with parents reliant on drugs or alcohol. It was suggested reducing the time she had with them as he can't stop her from taking them to see her abuser. Maybe he should change the order so that she only sees them for 4 hours each day at the weekend. No overnights.

Is hard to suggest what would be best without this affecting the children.

Thanks again x

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.