My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


Dh wants to seperate

11 replies

thoughtsbecomethings · 26/04/2014 18:48

Married for 18 years 2 children 18&14. Dh says he's not happy anymore and wants to move out. In the meantime we have to stay living together. How does this work ?
What time frame should I give him ?

OP posts:
expatinscotland · 26/04/2014 18:49

He's got someone else.

thoughtsbecomethings · 26/04/2014 18:50

He says not.

OP posts:
thoughtsbecomethings · 26/04/2014 18:50

We haven't been happy for a long while but haven't addressed it.

OP posts:
expatinscotland · 26/04/2014 18:51

See a solicitor. Of course he denies it.

KissMyFatArse · 26/04/2014 20:23

Think that's a bit harsh and blunt, he may have, but may not,but whether he does or not isn't the point.

Relationships fail, people move on from one another and fall out of love. Id say give him a week or 2 for alternative accommodation and then he should move out. Hope your ok x

thoughtsbecomethings · 26/04/2014 20:36

Thank you. X
I truly believe there is no one else. I think we have grown apart. I feel sad and tearful and hate any kind of change but feel it probably is for the best. Although feel I am being rejected yet again Hmm

OP posts:
KissMyFatArse · 26/04/2014 21:07

Aww you wee soul. These things happen, I've been there. I look back and realise it's for the best. Sending hugs xx

thoughtsbecomethings · 26/04/2014 21:09

Thankyou for giving me some hope xSmile

OP posts:
zippey · 26/04/2014 21:19

It sounds like something which might be positive for both of you, and might be an amicable split, which would be a good thing for your kids too.

It doesn't really matter if there is someone else or not, you seem to imply its something which has been on the cards for a while.

Good luck to both of you.

MsBumble · 26/04/2014 21:27

On every thread which involves separation people will become fixated on convincing the original poster that there is another woman, when often the presence/non-presence of another person is a symptom of a broken relationship rather than a cause.

I agree with giving him a few weeks, a month max to sort out alternative accommodation. But really it should be whatever you feel most comfortable with.

JessicaMary · 26/04/2014 21:33

You cannot force someone out of their own home. All you can do if he is sure is issue your divorce petition, agree financials with him and then if that includes you buying him out of his half of the house or he buying you out after that is done the one to leave moves out.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.