My feed

to access all these features

Here you'll find divorce help and support from other Mners. For legal advice, you may find Advice Now guides useful.


CSA Help Please

3 replies

ChangedMyMind · 24/10/2012 07:02

Situation is a bit unusual.

I am divorced and my ex husband is not the bio dad of my child. He has applied and been granted parental responsibility.

My dd wants to go and live with him, will my ex be able claim for maintenance from her bio Dad Confused? I am happy to come to a private arrangement with my ex to pay maintenance for her from my earnings.

I have been claiming for DD using CSA (I don't have his details) up until now but not sure if he can and it may affect my ex's decision to have her live him as his finances are incredibly tight or at least he needs to know that it will be limited to what I pay.

I can find information to say that some guardians can claim but not detailed information and I'm not sure if him taking on parental responsibility changes that?????


OP posts:
Collaborate · 24/10/2012 07:30

He can claim CSA maintenance from both you and the father.

WhoWhatWhereWhen · 24/10/2012 07:39

Your ex. will also be able to receive Child Benefit and possibly Tax Credits, Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit depending on his circumstances, his local Citizens Advice Bureau could complete a benefits check for him.

ChangedMyMind · 24/10/2012 16:36

Many thanks, the website was a bit ambigious IMHO

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.