My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for discussing cots and beds. We've spent weeks researching and testing newborn beds in real homes with real families.

Cots and beds

6 month cot transition

5 replies

Onemama · 04/02/2024 10:05

Just wondering what people do when their baby reaches 6 months and can no longer sleep in their next to me crib anymore. I know it’s recommended for babies to sleep in same room until 6months but what do you do if you were planning on carrying this on until their 1? Do you have to bring their actual cot in to your room for them? There’s no other sleeping alternative is there unless you co sleep?

OP posts:
Littlegoth · 04/02/2024 10:11

I brought her cot into the room. Room is now a bit cramped but it’s just for a few months

Miy · 10/02/2024 11:40

This is the age my little one crawls and sits by himself, so I can't leave him on the bed or co-sleep. He usually wakes in the night and wanders around and falls of the bed. I use his cot still until he is around 3-4.

If you can find a bed with rails or keep in the cot with rails is better. I bring the cot into the room with us next to our bed. Im thinking of getting a playhouse bed when older.

dementedpixie · 10/02/2024 11:41

We had the cot along the end of the bed as it couldn't fit in any other way

CadyEastman · 30/03/2024 18:09

dementedpixie · 10/02/2024 11:41

We had the cot along the end of the bed as it couldn't fit in any other way

We did that too.

crostini · 30/03/2024 18:43

No got the next to me 'forever' which they can use until they're around 4. And works as a bedside crib

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.