Please or to access all these features

Covid

Mumsnet doesn't verify the qualifications of users. If you have medical concerns, please consult a healthcare professional.

Spring booster - 5th jab

6 replies

GrannyBloomers · 26/04/2022 10:13

Got a text today inviting me for a Spring booster. Under 75 but on immune therapy so had 3 primary doses plus a booster.
My booster was 3 months ago but I phoned 119 and those of us with immune issues are being asked for the Spring booster after 3 not 6 months.
Has anyone else been asked?

OP posts:
SandlakeRd · 26/04/2022 10:15

Yes I have. I had also read the 6 month advice so I was going to check with my GP surgery. They can’t seem to put together any straight advice!

GrannyBloomers · 26/04/2022 12:17

That's why I was confused. Is it best to jump in at the 3 month mark or wait until 6 months.
The concern with waiting is not just waning protection but if I get a jab now, will for example I get another in 6 months time (say October) to cover me for the winter. But if I waited until July, would i then be without a jab until say January. Complete lottery
The advice to the elderly (but not the immune compromised) is to wait until 6 month mark. The only advice to those who have immune conditions (blood cancer website) suggests to have the jab at 3 months!

OP posts:
pepperaunt · 26/04/2022 17:02

I’ve received a letter as well (4 vaccines) and was going to call the hospital and ask. It’s been a bit over 3 months since my 4th.

Zingy123 · 29/04/2022 06:43

Yes I had mine ages ago. Three months after my fourth. Also immunosuppressed.

Hippywannabe · 29/04/2022 06:59

A 5th? When DH went for the first booster, it was discovered he should have shielded and was then classed as immunosuppressed (Hodgkins Lymphoma survivor) and given a 3rd full dose.( Yes, I raised hell with the doctor but the important thing was that he has now been properly classified)
He had the 4th booster yesterday-half dose.
Should I be looking out for him to have another dose at some point?

Scottsforsure281 · 29/04/2022 16:37

I've not had the text yet. I've had 3 and a booster. I'm just recovering from covid, I think I'll wait until the autumn for another vaccine. My system feels overloaded.

New posts on this thread. Refresh page
Swipe left for the next trending thread