Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

How long do vaccines give protection?

6 replies

cortisolqueen · 31/10/2022 07:53

What's the latest information on how long vaccines offer protection versus natural immunity from having covid please?

I've previously read that it's 9-12 weeks, but wasn't sure if this had changed for the latest booster.

OP posts:
Please
or

POTC · 31/10/2022 07:54

The latest booster covers the omicron variant, unless you know that you had that variant the booster will give better protection than having covid

Please
or

Hiheyho · 31/10/2022 09:44

Vaccines don’t stop transmission as you asked if

Please
or

PAFMO · 31/10/2022 10:08

Vaccines don't necessarily stop all transmission. They stop your symptoms being as severe. I think it's between 3-6 months though it's difficult to tell.
Herd Immunity is pretty much impossible with a virus like Covid which mutates constantly. See also: flu and colds.

Please
or

MrsPelligrinoPetrichor · 31/10/2022 11:15

I have blood tests and I still have high levels of anti bodies from my vaccine from last time I had it. I've just had my booster last week.

Please
or

Redambergreenforgo · 31/10/2022 11:24

I have monthly blood tests (part of a study). I had my vaccination December 2021 and my last blood result was September which showed the highest levels of antibodies still (so 9 months). I've since had covid and another vaccination so I should be off the chart now!

Please
or

Buzzinwithbez · 04/11/2022 17:36

Redambergreenforgo · 31/10/2022 11:24

I have monthly blood tests (part of a study). I had my vaccination December 2021 and my last blood result was September which showed the highest levels of antibodies still (so 9 months). I've since had covid and another vaccination so I should be off the chart now!

Did you have antibodies at the time you had covid?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?