Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Time between positive test and booster jab?

3 replies

LittleRedYoshi · 05/10/2022 21:38

A couple of weeks ago I developed some very familiar symptoms and since I still had a couple of LFTs lying around at home, I took a test and it was positive. Mild symptoms, recovered fully after a few more days.

This week I've started getting texts and emails inviting me to book a booster, which I've done. But I suddenly remembered seeing something about needing at least 28 days between a positive test and a booster. I've done some digging and that definitely was the guidance last winter (i.e. for the 3rd dose) but I can't work out whether that's still the case now - does anyone know?

OP posts:
Please
or

Furcoatandnoknickerz · 06/10/2022 01:23

@LittleRedYoshi yes it’s still 28 days from first symptoms or positive test, whichever was sooner. I’m in the same situation.

Please
or

CousinTime · 06/10/2022 01:35

28 days. You’d have had a little boost from covid anyway so waiting 28 days if safer for you and will boost your cover from other strains

Please
or

LittleRedYoshi · 06/10/2022 17:41

Thanks all, I'll reschedule the booster!

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?