Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Tinnitus since covid

2 replies

GardenTool · 29/08/2022 23:28

I’ve recently had covid for the 2nd time and suffered with blocked ears for a few days. The main symptom I’m left with now is terrible tinnitus. I’ve had tinnitus before - like ringing - but this is off the scale. In one ear it’s like a fax machine (showing my age here I know) and in the other one it’s like my pulse inside a washing machine. Really unpleasant.

I’m shattered and I want to go to bed but the noises are so loud they are getting me down.

OP posts:
Please
or

Knockmealdowns · 29/08/2022 23:34

Listen to something else… calm app, relaxing music, whale/ birdsong music on you tube, your breath.. anything.. refocus your brain not to listen to it… I have it for years.. very loud at times but I make a choice not to listen to it.. I can hear it but have no emotional response to it.. the more you actively listen to it the louder it gets…?

Please
or

GardenTool · 29/08/2022 23:39

@Knockmealdowns thank you I will try. I tried white noise last night but that seemed to exacerbate it. Like it was a competition. If that makes sense.

Thanks for replying - I’m sorry you have this too.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?