Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Close contact with positive case 1 week ago - am I in the clear yet?

6 replies

CreatingHavoc · 13/07/2022 10:11

What's the going rate for how long it takes to become symptomatic after close contact with this varient? When we had it over Xmas last year there was nearly 2 weeks between me and my youngest getting it but I've heard it's supposed to be much quicker this time round? Close contact was last Tuesday and they tested positive the following morning. So it's been just over a week since. Have been testing regularly and all negative.

OP posts:
Please
or

Jules912 · 13/07/2022 10:40

We had something of following an outbreak at work, most people tested positive within 2-3 days, last one was 5 days.

Please
or

Toomanyminifigs · 13/07/2022 11:52

Every one I know who's tested positively recently (including my household), it was around 2-3 days from exposure. This is our second time with it and I would say it has hit us much quicker from first to last person getting it.

We're also more ill this time round annoyingly.

Please
or

Jules912 · 13/07/2022 11:53

Toomanyminifigs · 13/07/2022 11:52

Every one I know who's tested positively recently (including my household), it was around 2-3 days from exposure. This is our second time with it and I would say it has hit us much quicker from first to last person getting it.

We're also more ill this time round annoyingly.

That should say following an event at work.

Please
or

kirinm · 13/07/2022 12:23

My DP has it - was fine on Monday but woke up on Tuesday sick. Any chance I could start developing symptoms as early as today? I've got a bit of a headache and scratchy throat. If I'm getting it would ideally like it done sooner rather than later to avoid having to cancel yet another weekend away!

Please
or

JustDanceAddict · 13/07/2022 16:14

I must’ve been exposed on Weds, symptoms started on the Sat.

Please
or

CreatingHavoc · 14/07/2022 16:54

I think I've escaped it this time then. Phew! Just got to make it till the end of term...

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?