Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Rapid tests

RoseGoldEagle · 01/11/2020 08:36

Heard Boris mention rapid result tests last night.
Does anyone know much about these, will they be available to the general public, or just for hospitals etc? Would make such a difference if we could access these, I dread any of the children getting a temp or cough at the moment, had 3 periods of isolating until we got negative results so far, such a nightmare for work!

OP's posts:
Please
or

justanotherneighinparadise · 01/11/2020 08:39

This passed me by I think. I thought he was just talking about the the access to current testing going up and those tests having a quick turn around. So basically a pat on the back for how great we have it already ๐Ÿ™„

Please
or

RoseGoldEagle · 01/11/2020 08:41

justanotherneighinparadise. Ah that could be it, very disappointing!

OP's posts:
Please
or

justanotherneighinparadise · 01/11/2020 08:43

I might be wrong though! That was just my interpretation. He does waffle so itโ€™s east to get confused.

Please
or

user1493494961 · 01/11/2020 08:45

No, he did mention the roll-out of new rapid tests, with the military involved to administer.

Please
or

justanotherneighinparadise · 01/11/2020 08:46

@user1493494961

No, he did mention the roll-out of new rapid tests, with the military involved to administer.

Any links to any information on this? I feel so down today and need this kind of thing to lift my spirits.
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.