Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

London lockdown - does anyone know...

8 replies

Clementine183 · 19/03/2020 10:56

...What the boundaries of this might be? I can't find any information online but might have missed it. Reading a lot about the possibility of London going into lockdown over the next few days, and wondering if this applies to central London only, or if it would mean zones 1-6. Not much that I could do about it, but just want to be prepared I suppose!

OP posts:
Please
or

maxelly · 19/03/2020 11:02

I think anyone that says they know the answer to your question is lying unfortunately! No one outside high level government will know and they shouldn't be posting about it on MN. Looking at the current situation there are far more cases in central London than outer but its changing on a daily basis so we just need to sit tight and try not to panic for now, difficult as that is...

Please
or

Lifeaback · 19/03/2020 11:06

I’m really not sure but wondering the same thing so bumping in the hope someone more useful will come along. Looking at the guardian confirmed cases map there seems to be a significant number of cases in outer zones such as Ealing so I have a feeling it’ll be all zones rather than just central but that’s entirely speculation.

Please
or

YouAreTheEggManIAmTheWalrus · 19/03/2020 11:08

Look into what Italy and France have done and you may have a clearer indication as I would imagine we will follow their model.

Please
or

Clementine183 · 19/03/2020 11:08

Urgh! Yes I suppose there is no way of second-guessing right now. Was selfishly hoping that it might be a little more restricted but have to accept that may not be the case (and I suppose if it's the right thing to do then it's better that way...).

OP posts:
Please
or

Asteria36 · 19/03/2020 11:12

I'd look to other capital cities already in lockdown. I have a friend in Paris who cannot leave the house without a special permission slip that has to be downloaded and printed out. I have heard that the military are going to play a role in lockdown. It may well be that lockdown is rolled out quite quickly across the country, so you won't be on your own for long!

Please
or

UYScuti · 19/03/2020 11:23

Looking down areas based on the criteria of confirmed cases sounds rational but it also provides an incentive for people to not identify themselves to the authorities if they do have the virus and an incentive to avoid being tested

Please
or

inwood · 19/03/2020 11:25

@UYScuti seeing as they're are only testing admissions I don't think that will be a factor.

Unfortunately our bloody government doesn't know what to do so we will be the last to find out. Lockdown seems inevitable now.

Please
or

Cornettoninja · 19/03/2020 11:31

@UYScuti I agree with @inwood. Nobody is getting tested unless they’re actually admitted to hospital (attending hospital won’t get you tested).

It’s a mute point at the moment.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?