Mumsnet Logo
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

NHS Coronavirus information. Information from gov.uk. Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have health concerns, please seek medical attention.

Related: Lockdown Learning, discuss home schooling during lockdown.

Covid

Gifts for grandkids from grandparents who can’t see them

5 replies

Maisieme · 19/03/2020 09:54

We are in our sixties with health issues so are currently not seeing our grandkids 2 and 5 for weeks ahead. I want to send a little something in the post once a week to help keep them amused and as a little token of our love. Only inexpensive things. Have got sticker / work books, stencils to draw with ready to send. Any other little ideas we could post or order from Amazon? Grateful for any suggestions.

OP posts:
Please
or

Shosha1 · 19/03/2020 09:57

Talk is Amazon will only be delivering essential.

I'm doing this www.mumsnet.com/Talk/coronavirus/3853364-Im-going-to-try-to-virtually-babysit-my-grandaughter

Please
or

Crazychocolatelady · 19/03/2020 09:58

My 2yo would amuse himself for awhile with a bouncy ball, a little toy animal or car, arts and crafts things, baking so even sending a cake mix could help, maybe a football, all can be found cheap and cheerful. It's such a lovely and thoughtful idea x

Please
or

BertieBotts · 19/03/2020 10:03

Photos of mum /dad when they were young perhaps?

Please
or

BertieBotts · 19/03/2020 10:03

Copies if you can. Or scan and send through over email.

Please
or

Maisieme · 19/03/2020 10:17

Liking the idea of a cake mix and the photos.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?