Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

Best place to donate?

9 replies

Sweatyslippers · 29/11/2023 10:34

which is the best organisation to donate money to? There are no marches near me, they would all take ££ to get to and I would rather I send money Palestine than give it to a rail company.

OP posts:
eardefender · 29/11/2023 10:55

Palestinians have their own well funded aid organisation, UNWRA. They are the only 'refugees' who have this privilege in the world They are well funded by the UN. Palestinians are normally reliant on aid distributed by UNWRA although obviously a lot is stolen/given to by Hamas to pay for their terrorism against Israel. Also a lot goes to their private bank accounts and estates in Qatar etc. Hamas run Gaza and UNWRA has been heavily criticised for being a part of Hamas. Therefore the aid situation is very tricky. What goes to civilians is decided by Hamas and that seems to be not very much. While Gaza is run by a terrorist regime i would not donate any money to them. There are a huge amount of dodgy facebook fundraising groups asking for money on Facebook etc. These are scams as no one can get through aside from UNWRA/Hamas. I would donate when there is a regime change not to a terrorist state in the middle of a war.

Decisiontimenow · 29/11/2023 11:35

Medical Aid for Palestinians ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Aswad · 29/11/2023 11:50

Good thinking OP. ❤️❤️❤️

restabove · 29/11/2023 11:51
PaminaMozart · 29/11/2023 11:53

MAP
PCRF
UNWRA

restabove · 29/11/2023 12:16

EU says no Palestinian aid going to Hamas, programmes to continue

BRUSSELS, Nov 21 (Reuters) - The European Union said on Tuesday a review of its development aid to Palestinians, ordered after the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel, found no evidence of funds going to the militant group and that its assistance would continue.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/eu-says-no-evidence-aid-palestinians-going-hamas-2023-11-21/

The EU are happy to send money to UNRWA.

European Commission Executive Vice President Valdis Dombrovskis addresses a plenary session at the European Parliament in Strasbourg, France June 13, 2023. REUTERS/Yves Herman

EU says no Palestinian aid going to Hamas, programmes to continue

The European Union said on Tuesday a review of its development aid to Palestinians, ordered after the Oct. 7 Hamas attack on Israel, found no evidence of funds going to the militant group and that its assistance would continue.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/eu-says-no-evidence-aid-palestinians-going-hamas-2023-11-21

EasterIssland · 29/11/2023 16:52

Urnwa
Doctors Without Borders

ignore those that are trying to spread information without linking it to a proof that we can trust them.

ChickHenLittle · 29/11/2023 20:07

EasterIssland · 29/11/2023 16:52

Urnwa
Doctors Without Borders

ignore those that are trying to spread information without linking it to a proof that we can trust them.

Seconded.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.