Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Conflict in the Middle East

Home Keys : The Palestinian Struggle

2 replies

snappingturtleSP2 · 23/11/2023 13:12

pls wait for the real story behind this !

OP posts:
Ohlalalalala · 23/11/2023 14:44

I was intrigued by your thread so I looked online and it's fascinating and very sad at the same time.

I have found this article. I just read the beginning but will read it properly later:

https://english.palinfo.com/news/2022/5/21/After-74-years-Palestinians-pass-down-keys-and-dreams-of-return

“Just close the door and take the key. We will be back in just a few days,” so many Palestinian families said to themselves when they were forcibly expelled from their land in 1948, but the days became decades, yet after 74 years, the hope of returning to their homeland has never been abandoned.

Thank you so much for sharing.

After 74 years, Palestinians pass down keys and dreams of return

“Just close the door and take the key. We will be back in just a few days,” so many Palestinian families said to themselves when they were forcibly expelled from their land in 1948, but the days became decades, yet after 74 years, the hope of returning...

https://english.palinfo.com/news/2022/5/21/After-74-years-Palestinians-pass-down-keys-and-dreams-of-return

ScrollingLeaves · 23/11/2023 18:59

I watched Daniella Weiss speaking on an Australian documentary film “Stone Cold Justice” about Israel’s imprisoning of Palestinian children, about 39 minutes in, and made a transcript as it was striking. (The film can be found on You Tube)

See what Daniela Weiss Founder of the settler movement had to say about Palestinians’ rights.

Voice over:
In the 2970s Daniela Weiss would regularly meet Ariel Sharon, then Minister for agriculture, to plan the settlements so no Palestian State could emerge

Interviewer:
You’re and Ariel Sharon were determined there would not be a Palestinian State?”

D.W.:
With my work with Ariel Sharon there was a very clear understanding, very clear planning, of spreading the Jewish communities in the way that there will be no option for a Palestinian state in Judes and Sumeria”.

Voice over:
Despite international condemnation settlement growth is surging.

Interviewer:
”If a Palestiam child said to you, “What is the hope for me, for my own future, *to have my own state? What would you say to that child^?”

D.W.
This land. Was promised. To the Jews. By God.…..,-and - ALL of it^.

It’s true that on course of history Arabs came to this area from all over; but the promise of God is MORE important than the changes in history and the political changes

That’s why you have to put it deep into your mind that you have no chance whatsoever in any point of history - neither you nor any of your offsprings - to ever have an independent state of your own here.

No Palestinian will be allowed to unlock doors there if this is any indication.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.