OP posts:
changingmynamewithmysocks · 21/10/2023 19:56

Lots of terror attacks go unreported - I have a close relative in bomb disposal

FordAnglia · 21/10/2023 20:02

changingmynamewithmysocks · 21/10/2023 19:56

Lots of terror attacks go unreported - I have a close relative in bomb disposal

didn't know.
News to me and I suspect many others.
These unreported attacks are bombs that didn't go off for whatever reason?
Presumably they will be reported when the thing comes to court?
(for I assume the authorities don't say - "let's forget about this - like it never happened")

OP posts:
changingmynamewithmysocks · 21/10/2023 20:06

FordAnglia · 21/10/2023 20:02

didn't know.
News to me and I suspect many others.
These unreported attacks are bombs that didn't go off for whatever reason?
Presumably they will be reported when the thing comes to court?
(for I assume the authorities don't say - "let's forget about this - like it never happened")

I dont know anything about if/when anything comes to court, but I suspect it mostly doesn't. I just know about the "drop everything and come now this instant" alarms, and hear where, and sometimes what, but not, or rarely through the news.

I did here "come now this instance, high security alert the Queen is about to die" about 48 hours before it actually happened, so on that occasion heard on the News! - don't really know why bombs were expected though

notimagain · 21/10/2023 20:14

Must admit that image in the OP is a bit confusing given the context of what is rumoured to be being covered up..

."Been reported in a few places, none of them what I would call cranky."

Maybe some of them are right of centre, but I'd agree not utterly utterly off the wall.

EsmaCannonball · 21/10/2023 21:46

I read about this earlier and thought it was possibly connected to another story I read a few days ago. I won't be more specific because if there are reporting restrictions or some kind of D-notice the thread will just get pulled.

LoveTheDetectorists · 22/10/2023 01:47

I did read there was a terror attack in London on Friday with a 20 something male asylum seeker who’d been here for 2years arrested.
The police were concerned given the large March planned in London.

Not many details though and no idea what the attack was.

SomeCatFromJapan · 22/10/2023 07:39

I read something about a stabbing in Hartlepool and a media blackout.
But who knows, rumours spread.

Pollyputhekettleon · 22/10/2023 12:09

'A man accused of murdering a 70-year-old man in Hartlepool has appeared at the Old Bailey.
Terrence Carney was killed on Tees Street on Sunday, with counter-terrorism police investigating.
Moroccan national Ahmed Ali Alid, 44, appeared at London's Central Criminal Court charged with murder and the attempted murder of a second man.'

Hartlepool terror probe murder accused appears at Old Bailey - BBC News

Two people in white forensic suits enter a house

Hartlepool terror probe murder accused appears at Old Bailey

Ahmed Alid is accused of murdering 70-year-old Terrence Carney in Hartlepool.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-67155992

SomeCatFromJapan · 22/10/2023 13:06

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Pollyputhekettleon · 22/10/2023 13:14

'Prosecutor Ben Lloyd said police were called to a house on Wharton Terrace in Hartlepool at about 05:15 BST on Sunday to reports of a fight....
...He added: "Whilst investigations remain at an early stage, the police at this time consider the offending to have been motivated by terrorism."

Hartlepool terror probe murder accused appears at Old Bailey - BBC News

Two people in white forensic suits enter a house

Hartlepool terror probe murder accused appears at Old Bailey

Ahmed Alid is accused of murdering 70-year-old Terrence Carney in Hartlepool.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-tees-67155992

Loulou599 · 22/10/2023 15:54

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

notimagain · 22/10/2023 17:16

@Loulou599

Both the UK and France are on/considering high terror alert after all the attacks seen across Europe this month.

For info the increase in the level in France was in part triggered by the killing of the teacher in Arras about a week ago.

In that attack the accused made his motive for the attack very clear to anyone within earshot.

(There's also a whole back story there about the suspect and some of the family members being on a watch list so the security services have questions to answer)

FordAnglia · 22/10/2023 21:06

Veering off slightly, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see some sort of attack in London in the nearish future - Rishi and the esteemed Sir comments hardly help.
I'll just have to hope that I miss them/they miss me.

OP posts:
MatthewsMumFromTikTok · 22/10/2023 21:07

I did wonder about a London attack when watching the crowds out in support of Palestinians

FordAnglia · 22/10/2023 21:27

MatthewsMumFromTikTok · 22/10/2023 21:07

I did wonder about a London attack when watching the crowds out in support of Palestinians

but who/what group would attack that?
I see the greater risk from folks (dangerous nutjobs true) objecting to the supine reaction of too many brit politicos and trying to make a point.
Take a bow Sir Kier.

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.