Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

TTC at 36 First baby

ellie74x · 23/09/2022 10:08

Hi everyone! I am 36 and my partner is 41 we are TTC our first child. I had my mirena coil out on 18/08/2022 and started ovulation tests straight away as I haven't had a period for 10 years due to contraception things (before that I was regular as clockwork) I had a positive ovulation test on 28/08/2022 and then got my first period on 10/09/2022 so seems like I am getting back on track. My ovulation tests are just starting to get stronger now so me and my partner have been having it daily this last week. I'm getting super stressed as we missed a day and feel like it is consuming me slightly! I'm obsessing over tests and constantly wondering is it going to happen etc. I'm now worrying as we are both older whether we can at all. My other half wants children but not as much as me so I know if we don't concieve naturally we probably won't go down IVF routes so this might be my only chance. Any advice? anyone in the same boat!? It hasn't even been that long so god only knows what i'll be like in a year!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

HalWin2221 · 23/09/2022 20:13

Hi Ellie!

I came across your post and couldn’t not comment. I’m 27 but my husband is 44, so I can somewhat relate on the age worry!

don’t worry about missing one day. We’ve been pregnant twice (which sadly ended in MC) but we DTD every other day when coming off my period and we caught one 2 cycles in a row!

stressing is a normal part of trying but you’ll be fine I’m sure 🥰

good luck! X

Please
or

ellie74x · Yesterday 15:59

@HalWin2221 thanks so much! And so sorry to hear about your MCs. Have you been successful now? Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

justanotherlaura · Yesterday 16:02

I'm 38, it took us to cycle 8 to get pregnant, I'm 36 weeks now. it's easy to get obsessed but sperm lives for up to 5 days, missing one day isn't going to ruin a cycle!

Please
or

SiberFox · Yesterday 21:54

@ellie74x We started TTC when I was 35 and my husband 42. I've been pregnant 3 times - one chemical, another early MC, and 17 weeks now (and 36yo) and all ok - touch wood. I was prepared for conception to take longer but each time I fell pregnant within 1-2 cycles, although the somewhat higher rate of MC at this age hasn't been my friend. We only ever had sex a couple of times around my ovulation (I just tracked the changes of mucus), your missing one day is totally fine. Wish you the best of luck x

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?