Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

The 40+ club TTC

summerdays12 · 22/08/2022 13:02

Starting a new thread in the hope we can keep each other updated, positive vibes etc 🤪😊

Just turned 44. Have a 4 year old DD.
TTC for 5 months.
Using OPK's
Cycles regular, 24days.

Trying the very other day approach but happy to hear what others did differently...
Trying to stay calm but time ain't on my side !

OP's posts:
Please
or

MaculataO · 14/09/2022 13:04

me too. 42, ttc 9 months now. 1 miscarriage. 1 chemical. Losing hope tbh :( Joyful success stories are both helpful and also painful to hear about.

Please
or

Rainbows121 · 14/09/2022 19:27

Hi, im 43 and ttc for 6 month. I have one little boy who's just turned 3.

Please
or

meetmeintheautumn · 16/09/2022 04:42

@Rainbows121 @MaculataO here's to positive vibes for us all.

I'm actually not going to use the OPK's on this next cycle coming up...currently on the 2 week wait to AF!
I reckon I'm out again as ..,well OPK stick said negative say 10, positive day 12 and negative day 13....
We DTD day 11...and nothing else as DH was away with work so....

And I'm sick of testing at the moment and getting stressed out!

If it happens it happens

Please
or

Rainbows121 · 16/09/2022 06:38

@meetmeintheautumn im definitely out, we only dtd on cd 14 as husband was poorly. 😕

Please
or

BabyMamma7 · 16/09/2022 07:24

Hi, im 42, TTC 6 months...hubby had a vasectomy reversal 7 months ago.

No hint of a bfp

Tracking using opk, regular 30 day cycle.

Starting letrozole next cycle

I have 3 older children already

Currently 9dpo and not feeling a bfp this cycle

Please
or

meetmeintheautumn · 16/09/2022 09:41

@Rainbows121 can I ask if you are using OPK's?

I don't know wether to give up on them and just relax, not test and go with the flow.
I never got a positive OPK before I conceived my DD1 🤷🏻‍♀️

Please
or

kirinm · 16/09/2022 09:42

44 and have been trying for a second for years although stopped for quite a few months because I was beyond fed up of it dictating my life

I am 10dpo today but feeling very much like AF will arrive soon.

Please
or

meetmeintheautumn · 16/09/2022 09:56

@kirinm totally with you on it dictating your life Confused
That's why for this next cycle I'm going to try and relax.
I kind of know I'm day 10 to day 14 ovulation , I'm a regular 25 day cycle

Please
or

Rainbows121 · 16/09/2022 10:16

@meetmeintheautumn No I don't, I find it all to stressful and all consuming. DH then feels the pressure and DTD just feels forced.
Having a 2nd child is pretty much all I can think of. My little boy is 3 and hardly uses his pushchair and the thought of it never been used again breaks my heart.
I know I'm extremely lucky to have 1 child as there are many women on here desperate for a child. I had 2 MMC's before him but I just don't feel done with one x

Please
or

meetmeintheautumn · 16/09/2022 10:45

@Rainbows121 I feel so grateful for having DD1 but I also feel like I cannot stop thinking about having another.
I tried a few months ago to just think if it doesn't happen then it's just meant to be one.... I can see so many positives to having one but I have such a draw to have another....

Please
or

kirinm · 16/09/2022 11:04

Rainbows121 · 16/09/2022 10:16

@meetmeintheautumn No I don't, I find it all to stressful and all consuming. DH then feels the pressure and DTD just feels forced.
Having a 2nd child is pretty much all I can think of. My little boy is 3 and hardly uses his pushchair and the thought of it never been used again breaks my heart.
I know I'm extremely lucky to have 1 child as there are many women on here desperate for a child. I had 2 MMC's before him but I just don't feel done with one x

When my DD was that age I felt exactly like this. Didn't want to take her pushchair out of the house or throw / give away any clothes.

It basically felt like grieving. I'm not even sure why I've decided to try again because it is all just a terribly upsetting and painful process.

Please
or

Rainbows121 · 16/09/2022 14:38

@kirinm My little one is at the stage where I need to have a good clear out of all the baby toys, books, clothes etc. When I try to process the thought of not having a 2nd and say to DH that we need to get rid he responds with "no let's put in loft incase we have another".

Fingers crossed to us all that we get a BFP soon x

Please
or

Rainbows121 · 23/09/2022 15:17

Hi, how is everyone doing? x

Please
or

MaculataO · 23/09/2022 18:13

We have just had a positive test. I'm so glad but so apprehensive given the previous miscarriages. Got everything crossed. Feel like I need to wrap myself in cotton wool but I know how daft and not realistic that is!! Really hoping this can work out this time after such a wait. How is everyone else doing? x

Please
or

Rainbows121 · 23/09/2022 19:24

That's wonderful news @MaculataO congratulations. It's so difficult not to worry when you've had losses. Positive thoughts! x

Please
or

Bluelightbaby · Yesterday 00:53

42 3/4 lol I have two teenage daughters from a previous relationship (fell of instantly with both).

been ttc for I think 8/9months. Had two miscarriages - from instantly falling pg. last one was December last year - since then nothing !

periods are regular, all blood tests/scans/seamen tests are normal

using OPK but tbh giving up hope now :(

Please
or

MrsZinnia · Yesterday 08:02

@MaculataO that’s brilliant news.

Please
or

MrsZinnia · Yesterday 08:04

I’m 43 in October, don’t think there’s much chance as DH doesn’t often ejaculate any more (he’s in his sixties), but we DTD frequently so maybe, just maybe. Good luck everybody.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?