Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Metformin, pcos & Ovulation - help/advice

Katie2021 · 11/07/2022 14:47

Hi

Ive been prescribed metformin as I’ve not had a period for the last 3 months and recently been diagnosed with pcos (we are trying for our first baby)

Just wondering if anyones been in a similar situation and how long did it take if it helped you to ovulate? Get pregnant or bring your periods back? and how much a day was you taking?

Im also taking inositol along side, and some vitamins

I know everyone’s different I just wanted to hear everyone’s experiences, im really struggling to have a clue with ovulation as the strips look like they get dark close but never positive,

if you think anything helped you please advise I eat healthy and exercise (walking and weights) 💜💜

OP's posts:
Please
or

Overthebow · 11/07/2022 16:07

When ttc my dd I went on 1000mg per day metformin, it took three months of taking it to get pregnant. I’ve just started taking it again to ttc dc2 and am hoping for a similar timeframe!

Please
or

Kelsie2022 · 22/08/2022 17:41

Hey I don’t have the answer but I’m in exactly same situation could honestly have wrote this. Just to let you know your not alone x

Please
or

Katie2021 · 22/08/2022 19:52

@Kelsie2022 hi just want to let you know since this post I’ve been taking metformin 1500mg per day and it took 8 weeks for my first period to come back ☺️ I’ve not had a second period yet as I’m not due on yet, but hopefully praying I’ll be ovulating again this month! Hopefully It will be regular again X

OP's posts:
Please
or

SusieNI · 14/09/2022 13:37

Hi there @Katie2021 :) i just wanted to check in how you are getting on now? I just came across your post as I am in the exact same boat atm. 2 and a half months in at a dose of 1500 a day but have only had 1 AF so far so nothing has regulated yet :(
Side effects have finally started to settle down though thankfully which is something!

Please
or

Katie2021 · 14/09/2022 19:57

Hi @SusieNI I’m about the same time in as you! And the same for me ! I had one AF (mine was very heavy and painful and long compared to normal but doctor said it was because I didn’t have one for so long) but yes I’m just waiting on my second AF or just to hopefully ovulate! But I’m on cycle day 40 and still nothing yet! So I don’t feel like it regulated me as of yet, wonder how long it takes! I’ve been referred to gyne for clomid to help me ovulate, but the waiting is so long for appointments!! All this waiting can be difficult! How are you getting on? Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

Harper02 · 14/09/2022 21:49

I was on 1500mg metformin but it did nothing for me apart from made me sick lol I changed over to infolic alpha and it works amazing. Also on clomid now 🥰

Please
or

SusieNI · 14/09/2022 22:30

Aw very similiar then! Im day 56 now and nothing :( meh! I've arranged a follow up appointment for a few weeks with my fertility clinic to start clomid, just dont want to wait any longer and move forward.

Please
or

Katie2021 · 23/09/2022 11:35

@SusieNI @Harper02 I use a temperature tracking device called ovusense to track ovulation too, and for the first time it’s confirmed ovulation through my temperature! I also got a super dark ovulation test line the same day! It’s saying I ovulated on Monday So I’m hoping I’ve ovulated this month! 🙏🏻

We luckily dtd sat sun and Monday as I was suspecting I was ovulating with the darker ovulation tests! So we kept it covered! It would have worked out i ovulated on CD45 which is a lot better than my previous 126 day cycle! Just the waiting game now, I’m going away for a week on Sunday so atleast that will take my mind off it until I’m back! How are you getting on xxx

OP's posts:
Please
or

SusieNI · 23/09/2022 11:47

Would you recommend the Ovusense? Is it comfortable..? 🙈 i saw it but thought it looked a bit much but am desperate as I cant figure out if I'm ovulating at all right now :(

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?