Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

New 'interesting thread'!!!!!!!!!!!

11 replies

quackers · 17/10/2003 08:59

Well, maybe not but I have to get all your attention somehow!!!!!!!
Can someone put my mind at rest??
I have not ov this month!! I'm gutted.
I have never known this happen.
My 2nd m/c was in August and my cycles were always 24/25 days. Last month I ov day 21, this month nothing. I have felt small twinges as if it was building up to it and then.... nothing.
Has anyone had this happen in a month? Or do you think my cycles sound like they were dwindling anyway? Is this the 'change' already!!!!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Bogwoppit · 17/10/2003 12:22

quackers August I never got an LH surge & prob didn't ov(though I don't know I cos I can't tell).

however Sept saw a massive surge. had reflexology & hey presto preg.

maybe you body is havein a rest this month to prepare itself better for next month.

I really hope that next month you get back to normal.

Please
or

quackers · 17/10/2003 13:10

Thanks Boggy, that's reassuring to know. Esp in your condition! have got next appt at reflex in 2 weeks so that should be about the right time. In the meantime going back to Doc for another set of blood tests.

OP's posts:
Please
or

gingernut · 17/10/2003 13:19

quackers, like Bogwoppit I'm sure I don't ov every month. Often I get ov pain - but some months no pain and very little mucus. After m/c I ov while still bleeding and then not again (as far as I could tell) for 3 cycles. Then the 4th cycle I had a big ov pain and hey presto conceived ds. Sometimes it just seems to take time.

HTH and good luck.

Please
or

quackers · 17/10/2003 13:37

Gosh gingernut that's amazing, thanks for that. You just get despondent don't you that if the equipment isn't working then you haven't got a chance! Hope fully like both of you it;s just a glitch and because I have monitored since m/c I would know. There could have been months where I haven't before but didn't know! Ignorance is bliss!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Jane101 · 18/10/2003 20:50

quackers, I'm sure I've read that not all women ovulate every month. I think it's quite normal.

Please
or

quackers · 18/10/2003 23:24

Well must have ov'd got a huge temp rise today. Clearblue - you're history. I felt ov and got temp rise so must have missed LH and opportunity for BD!!! Bugger!!!
Jane101, just read your other post. Hope that you will get success soon. LOLXXXXXXXX

OP's posts:
Please
or

Padme · 18/10/2003 23:59

you are right Jane101. Not all women ovulate monthly. I only ovulate about 4 times a year according to doctor. I have few periods (4 since ds born November 2002) and when I do have them, I bleed for ages! Grrrrrrrrr. Makes it v. difficult to figure out when I am ovulating as I am still bleeding 14 days after the first day of my period and it does not follow in my case that ovulation will occur 14 days before the end of my cycle as it is also irregular. Am currently trying for baby and have been advised by Gynae consultant to have sex at least 3 times a week all the time I am not actually having a period. Bloody exhausting! Got pregnant with ds quite by chance. Just lucky. Much harder second time round.

Please
or

Padme · 19/10/2003 00:00

you are right Jane101. Not all women ovulate monthly. I only ovulate about 4 times a year according to doctor. I have few periods (4 since ds born November 2002) and when I do have them, I bleed for ages! Grrrrrrrrr. Makes it v. difficult to figure out when I am ovulating as I am still bleeding 14 days after the first day of my period and it does not follow in my case that ovulation will occur 14 days before the end of my cycle as it is also irregular. Am currently trying for baby and have been advised by Gynae consultant to have sex at least 3 times a week all the time I am not actually having a period. Bloody exhausting! Got pregnant with ds quite by chance. Just lucky. Much harder second time round.

Please
or

antea · 19/10/2003 00:17

Message withdrawn

Please
or

Padme · 19/10/2003 00:30

Antea - I have been offered Clomid too if no pg by end of Jan 2004. I know that I can conceive - 12 month old ds! but because my chance only comes around every 3 or 4 months, it is a question of how long we wait if it doesn.t happen naturally. Am nervous about Clomid but also know that it works. Don't have to look far on this website to read all about it! It certainly seems to be fantastic answer for a lot of women.

Please
or

antea · 19/10/2003 00:38

Message withdrawn

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?