Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Is being bloated a symptom?

8 replies

Luvvie · 14/10/2003 10:15

Hi,

I just wondered if being bloated is a symptom of pregnancy.

My boyfriend and i are trying for a baby & i think we have sussed out the right times to make love (think this has been over the last 5 days for us).

Today i feel overly bloated. The pair of trousers i am wearing feel really tight but are usually a perfect fit. I know it's not a case of putting weight on since i last wore them as i only wore them a few days ago.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

OP posts:
Please
or

M2T · 14/10/2003 10:18

Luvvie - I;m afraid that bloating for me means that my AF is perhaps a week away. Do you get bloating around about the time for you AF?

I;m not saying you're not pg.... just that bloating can be caused by a variety of things.

Good luck though.... I hope you are!

Please
or

Jem7 · 14/10/2003 10:22

Luvvie,

That is sometimes a symptom for me too but i don't always get it every month.

When can you test - thats the only way you will really know for sure.

Good Luck

Please
or

bluecow · 14/10/2003 12:17

Luvvie - it was for me this time round (I'm 14 weeks) if that's any help!

Please
or

Luvvie · 14/10/2003 12:29

When did you notice the bloatedness (?) Bluecow?

if i have conceived it will have only been in the last 2-5 days - surely this would be too soon to notice or would it?

OP posts:
Please
or

quackers · 14/10/2003 14:14

Could be many things luvvy, a little soon maybe for pg though poss? I do get bloated but ususally about 2 weeks after conception. Hope you are though!
Hey Jems, like the new look you!!!

Please
or

bluecow · 14/10/2003 17:18

Luvvie -I noticed it pretty soon after conception (within a day or so), so you could be, as my DH so charmingly puts it, up the duff!

I don't get bloated before a period so that's one of things that made me suspect I was preggars.

Please
or

Jemma7 · 15/10/2003 14:18

Wey-hey - I'm back - haven't been able to post since yesterday

Anyway, i would never have thought you would be able to tell if being bloated was a sympton that close after conception Bluecow!

Not saying you are lying of course Just find that amazing that changes can happen that quickly

Call me thick

Please
or

Jemma7 · 16/10/2003 12:55

Any news yet Luvvie?

when are you abel to test?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?